Power Windows & Locks: Having problems with your power windows & locks? Our ASE Certified mechanics and technicians are qualified to repair most electrical problems for example:
Power window motors
Power window regulators
Power window switch
Power door lock actuators
Power door lock switch
Power window shorts
Power window lock, harness wires
Power door lock short
Power door lock harness wires
Power windows harness wires
We also repair sun/moon roofs and power antennas.
Here at Delta Auto Care we provide qualified technicians for all your electrical needs.
Call us: (702) 550-9000
Common problems with power windows and locks
Window regulators and power locks are the significant components that enable the opening and shutting of the car’s window and door. Nowadays, the modern car uses electric windows which work on pressing the window switch. Although the power windows and locks of the vehicle are thick and robust enough to function properly, due to specific factors like window stickers, window tinting, using the windows and locks in the hot weather of Las Vegas, etc. can ruin the operators.
the front driver side window is more likely to get damaged as they are most frequently used. Window and door malfunctioning is mainly caused due to faulty window and door regulators, a broken motor, faulty cable switch, etc. There are mainly two problems associated with car’s locks and windows that are intermittent and permanent. In sporadic case, the windows temporarily stops functioning whereas in the latter case, it permanently gets damaged.
Signs of improper functioning of car’s window and locks
- Window does not go up and down on pressing the buttons
- Window drops to one side
- It closes either at a slow rate or does not close completely
- Opening or closing the window creates irritating or loud sound
- Some door locks stick or do not unlock at all
- You have to push the lock button hard to get it to function
Here are the common problems which can be experienced with the car’s power windows and locks
- Blown fuse: usually, a blown fuse causes common problems like the improper working of interior lights, radio, backup lights but it can also cause damage to your power window and locks of the car. It generally occurs due to a heated up fuse, melted fuse, loose connections and wires around the fuse box, switches with dirt and dust, use of all the car accessories at the same time, and much more. But, the blown fuse should not be underestimated as it can turn out to be a large problem.
- One window will not open or close: you may experience the problems of rolling up and down one side window. It happens mainly if your window motor, door switch, or window regulator is malfunctioning.
- Power is not reaching the motor
- The sound of motor running is generated, but the window is not operating
- Power window clutch is not in good condition.
- Power lock failure: the car’s lock doesn’t work if the motor does not get the electrical current it may not open or close the doors.
- Faulty windows and locks: sometimes the power windows and locks do not work due to damaged window screen or broken or foggy glasses.
There are various problems linked with the power windows and locks of the car. It is essential to recognize them and either repair the motors or replace them with a new one to avoid a critical situation. However, this issue is usually minor and can be sorted efficiently. It is best to get is checked right away because if it is a short or power surge, then other vehicle electrical problems may be present. Contact us to set up an appoint to get the issue fixed. http://www.deltaautocare.com